Wednesday 10 June 2015

Ten Things That Make Me Happy

So, I've been having a bit of a crazy afternoon. I burnt myself boiling water for tea, our renter's had a plumbing problem, my two-year-old climbed into the one year old's crib and smeared poop everywhere, then PK decided to move her kittens under an end table (not the best location, dearest kitty).

I decided to fight this overwhelming feeling of WHY ME, I am going to make a list of ten things that make me happy.

1. Nature
I love the smells, the noises, the soft breeze. Give me trees and creeks and wild animals running around and I am a happy lady! Camping, hiking, and even just sitting in the backyard are all great ways to get some R&R.


2. Coffee
The caffeine releases hormones that make you feel happier. I love relaxing with a hot cup of coffee. The warm taste, the rich smell, the smooth texture... mmm! My mouth is watering. My favourite kinds are chocolate, peanut butter and pumpkin!


3. Chocolate
What goes better with coffee than chocolate? I love chocolate. White, milk or dark. With nuts or peanut butter or caramel. Ice cream, bars or hot. Any chocolate, any time. Again, chocolate has caffeine. Thus the happy! Do you think they have chocolate in Heaven?


4. Music
While live music is preferable, I can settle for listening to a CD (okay not a CD, I listen to my Rdio app or Youtube.) Just like with chocolate, my tastes can vary greatly. One day I'll want some classical, next time some 60's rock, then maybe some country (Taylor Swift is country, okay!), etc, etc. Music is a great motivator and encourager for me. I hear God in music. My favourite is probably when my husband serenades me with the piano... although my daughter is getting pretty good and makes a close second!


5. A Clean House
It is relaxing and inviting. It is the perfect space to be creative and to have fun. When my house is clean, I want to bake, paint, write, even sing! Unfortunately my two-year-old doesn't like having a clean house. Haha!


6. Baking
I have no idea why I don't do this more... probably because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and hate it when I burn something or it just tastes nasty. But I love the satisfaction at seeing a rack full of cooling cookies.


7. Camping
Nature and campfires and hiking and exploring... what's not to love? Granted the bugs can be gross at times, but that's what bug spray is for!


8. Packing
I enjoy organizing a suitcase or diaper bag or beach bag or whatever. I love trying to prepare for the unexpected. I love making lists for packing and the satisfaction of checking things off my list.


9. Hammocks
There aren't many feelings better than relaxing in a hammock with birds singing overhead and the wind blowing through the leaves above you. Utter bliss!


10. Riding Horses
This one is a tough one, because I don't have unlimited access to horses... but in the experience I have, on the back of a horse is a wonderful place. I have always really liked horses, and riding them is just an extension of that. I feel empowered and at peace simultaneously. It is my happy place.


What are your favourite things? Comment and let me know!

xoxo
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment