Monday 8 June 2015

Lose That Bump - Postpartum Weight Loss (Month 1)

Earlier this year (March 17th to be more precise), I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy weighing 9lbs 2oz. While I really appreciate that almost 10lb head-start to my weight loss, I don't want it to end there. So I have started on a journey not just to lose weight but to be healthier!

So far I haven't been doing any sort of drastic dieting or exercise, just trying to eat healthier and try to get at least a small workout everyday and a good walk every other day. Besides that I am still doing my usual, cleaning the house and yardwork.

I am breastfeeding currently, which might help or hinder my weight loss. We will see I guess!

Here I am 8.5 months pregnant (March 1st)
Weight: 190 lbs
Here I am 7 days postpartum (March 24th)
Weight: 167 lbs
At this point I had already lost 23 lbs, although I can't really take credit for most of that. It helps that I had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery and was able to get right back into the swing of things immediately.

But most of the weight I lost was just from eating well, walking and trying not to spend TOO much time on the couch! (Two toddlers help with that.)

Blog at-cha later!

xoxo
- M

PS: Click here to read more about my weight loss journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment