Monday 15 June 2015

Camping with Thirty-One Gifts

For the first time since developing a full-fledged addiction to Thirty-One Gifts, we have gone on a family camping trip. And I can not even begin to explain why I preferred this trip over past camping trips! It was so organized and easy to pack and unpack. Everything had a designated tote and place. It all fit so nicely into the back of our van.

From left to right: Your Way Cube (with Lid), Deluxe Utility Tote, Large Utility Tote (with Insert), Deluxe Utility Tote (with Pocket-a-Tote), Your Way Cube and Fold & File.
1. Deluxe Utility Totes (2)
I used one for bedding (blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.). It was put right into the "bedroom" area of the tent. I used a cinch-top lid (not pictured) so I could fit our pillows on top of everything else. Once emptied I put it back into the van and kept all our non-perishable food in it. The other was for general camping stuff (toys, flashlights, ropes, playmat, tarps, sunscreen, bug spray, games, etc.). This was left in the tent to as a drop-off for any of these items when not in use. This kept the floor of the tent clear.

2. Large Utility Tote
This was for out "camp kitchen". I used it to hold our cutting board, scissors, can opener, dish soap, coffee press, cooking utensils, garbage bags, plates, napkins, plastic cutlery, etc. I left it in the van so no animals would try and find it and break into the tent (there were raccoons that stole food from us when camping last year). I took it out during mealtimes and put it away when we were done.

3. Pocket-a-Tote
I used this for matches, a lighter and fire starters. I attached it to one of the Deluxe Utility Totes and kept it in the tent for making fires.

4. Fold and File
I used this as a diaper caddy. I kept diapers for the two youngest as well as wipes, diaper cream and extra soothers. This stayed in the tent, where I changed diapers (to avoid any bugs biting bare bums).

5. Your Way Cubes
I had one of these for each "bedroom" in the tent. One was for the girls' room, and held all their clothes and extra shoes. The other was for our room, where we kept our clothes and clothes for the baby (who slept with us). They also serve as end tables in the bedrooms!

6. Littles Carry-All (not pictured)
This was for holding bug spray and sunscreen and hung near the door of the tent. Convenient and easy to take outside to get the kids protected from bugs & harsh sun rays.

7. Euro Straw Tote [Canvas Crew Tote] (not pictured)
I used this as a "bathroom bag". It held towels, toilet paper (the campground's was thin and papery so I brought my own), shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste and hairbrush/comb. I would tote it to the bathroom every morning and evening and it had all our toiletries handy.

8. Fresh Market Thermal (not pictured)
I used this for produce (our meat and dairy I kept in a hard-shell Coleman cooler). I had ice packs in it and it kept it quite cool for a couple days. I wouldn't use this for any meat/dairy products if you are camping for more than one night because we added ice to the Coleman cooler and there was a ton of water inside afterwards and I didn't want to wreck my FMT.

Comment below with your favourite Thirty-One product to take camping!

xoxo
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment