Monday 14 April 2014

Let Her Be a Princess Today

I know this is different than what I usually post, but I thought I would share it anyway.

This is a poem I wrote called "Let Her Be a Princess Today".

Now I don't write poetry. The last poem I wrote was probably for school, and only because I had to. So please don't judge its lameness!

Your baby girl arrived today
You fall in love in the same old way
Fingers and toes, ruffles and bows
Hold her like a princess today

One good night's sleep is all that you pray
She treats every night like its day
Counting sheep, please go to sleep
Remember she's a princess today

Toddling in that familiar way
All she wants to do is play
Crayons and bugs, cuddles and hugs
Treat her like a princess today

Here she comes, you best make way
She wants to dance in the ballet
Spin and dance, a graceful stance
Dress her like a princess today

Her heart might lead her astray
Pull her close and she will push you away
Boys and cars, dancing in bars
Remind her she's a princess today

Getting ready in a cloud of hair spray
She's about to give her heart away
Vows and love, a gift from above
Let her be a princess today

Give you little princess a big hug today.

- M


No comments:

Post a Comment